RIVER WALK – WHAT’S NEARBY AND THINGS TO DO
River Walk is located in the town of Branford, Connecticut — a classic New England town with a scenic town green and the beautiful downtown shopping area. The charm of Branford and its scenic views mix with a diverse array of activities and dynamic quality of life.
Situated on Long Island Sound, Branford offers some of the best harbors in New England with several full service marinas, where you can enjoy boating, fishing, kayaking and other water sports. If you are a beach person there are public beaches and private club beaches in Branford as well as beautiful public Hammonasset Beach just a short drive up I-95.
For those interested in the arts, River Walk is just minutes from downtown New Haven and Yale University. There you will find many museums, concerts and, of course, the wonderful, historic Shubert Theater. Go north a short drive on I-95 and you will find the Florence Griswold Museum, The Goodspeed Opera House and the Ivoryton Playhouse and the Kate just to highlight just of few of the cultural activities that are at your fingertips.
And if you love to eat and try new restaurants, the Shoreline is full of the best. Indulge your taste buds with a classic lobster roll while looking at the water or with a slice of the great and famous local apizza of New Haven. For that special occasion, head to some of the finest dining in Branford, New Haven or up and down the Shoreline. There is a huge variety of restaurants to delight every palette and every budget within a short drive of River Walk.
River Walk monthly birthday dinners hit one of these fine restaurants every month where you can enjoy wonderful food and good conversation with your neighbors.
Just a short drive away you can explore Connecticut’s renowned Foxwood and Mohegan Sun Casinos, the CT Wine Trail or take the convenient train (or drive) to Boston or New York City to enjoy all these two cities have to offer.
Hartford’s Bradley Airport, New Haven’s Tweed Airport, La Guardia, JFK, or Newark airports will get you wherever you want to go if you want to venture beyond River Walk.
When it comes to things to do, River Walk is at the center of it all.
Community Events at Branford River Walk include:
- Monthly Birthday Party Celebrations at local restaurants bring together residents to socialize.
- A Book Club Discussion Group meets frequently in a resident’s home.
- From May to September, Outdoor Gazebo Cocktail parties meet at 5:30 pm on Friday nights at the gazebo every other week for cocktails and appetizers. Bring your own beverages and bring an appetizer to share.
- After September, the Outdoor Gazebo Cocktail parties move indoor to residents’ homes on selected Friday evenings.
- An Annual Summer BBQ brings all residents together outside for a shared fun gathering and lots of good food and beverages!